This is a picture I took of my steering column on September 26, 2005.
It is amazing how one event can change you and how you live your life. This weekend someone tried to steal my car. I wasn't thrilled over the fact that someone busted my window and destroyed my steering column, but I was so grateful that nothing else had been in the car to be taken and that my car was still there. It could have been much worse.
I didn't realize that there was more damage than just to my car. I have lost my sense of security. When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is go out to the living room and look out the window and make sure the rental car is still there. Plus I have the fear that when I get my car back that it will happen again. I don't really like going out at night either.
I just want to feel safe again.
Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! .