My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

A girl who enjoys looking at the world through the lens of a camera.



Previous Posts Friends

Photography

eXTReMe Tracker

Thursday, September 15, 2005

"I'm also just a girl. Standing in front of a boy. Asking him to love her."

This picture is from the movie Notting Hill.

It is official. I am a hopeless romantic.

I think every girl dreams of falling in love. Especially falling in love in a movie. The guy says the right lines at just the right time. Unfortunately reality isn't like that. Then again sometimes the imperfections and the spontaneous events are what make real love so much more worthwhile.


posted by American Girl at 7:58 PM |

4 Comments:

Commented by Blogger David Cho:


Yeah, Hugh Grant. Did you see Bridget Jones? Some funny stuff there.


Commented by Blogger David Cho:


Have you heard this? The movie rating system:

G - nobody gets the girl
PG - the nice guy gets the girl
R - the bad guy gets the girl
X - everybody gets the girl
XXX - everybody gets the girl, and her mother, and her dog, and her father...


Commented by Blogger Kate:


The beautiful thing about being in love in real life as opposed to the movies is that you don't have to be movie-star good looking, or have a shimmering personality, or be involved in some huge love-triangle. Movie love is sometimes too complicated for my taste.

I'd prefer the reality of simply knowing that there's another person out there who really just wants to understand you and help you and care for you--even when you're not beautiful, or funny, or smart--someone who isn't going to go away as soon as the movie's over.


Commented by Blogger American Girl:


David - I did see Bridget Jones ... good stuff. But I like him better in Two Weeks Notice.

Toughy - I am naive enough in real life! ;o)

Holly - I agree but I do think sometimes the idea of being swept off in your feet that seems to be only possible in movies does seem appealing at times.


Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | template by mela
art by american girl | photographs by NYCLondon
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com