
This photo was taken by an unknown photographer.
I work at a public high school as a secretary in the Student Service Center. I interact with teenagers on a daily basis. A few weeks ago I was having a hard time at my job. Another co-worker found out about my feelings and recommend that I consider leaving my current position and going to another company in the city where I work. I seriously considered this proposition for a few days and then told him thank you for the offer, but I felt that I needed to stay where I was. He asked me why I wanted to stay. I mentioned a few reasons but one of the main reasons was because of the students. He went on to tell me that if I was staying for the students I was being foolish. That the students leave at the end of each year and that they don't care or remember you. This conversation really bothered me. I talked with one of my co-workers about what had been said and she asked me a few questions and reminded me of some things that caused me to think. I decided that what I do does make a difference. This week I was proven right.
A student came into my office and handed me a card thanking me and telling me how much my example meant to her, I helped keep a student from dropping out in the middle of her senior year, I let a student cry in my office and get some frustrations off of her chest. They might not remember my name in a year or so, but they will remember how I made them feel. And to me that is all that matters.
-
-
It's amazing how little things can make big differences. You are doing the right thing.
BTW, your blog is not RSS enabled. Is that on purpose?
-
-
-
What is RSS enabled?
-
-
-
Log onto your blog. Under the "Setting" tab, go to "Site Feed." Apparently you have the public site feed to No.
If you set it to Yes, I can "subscribe" to your blog, and learn of your new postings without actually hitting your site. I will blog about how to subscribe to others' blogs soon.
-
-
-
I too have noticed your blog isn't RSS enabled. It would be great if you changed it!
-
-
-
I just went and it said Yes not No. But I resaved it just in case. Otherwise I am not sure exactly what is wrong. Hope that helps.
-
-
-
It's still now RSS enabled. Hmm... I don't get it.
-
-
-
wow, that's a great picture.
-
-
-
Hey AG, I got an answer for you.
Within your <header> tag in the template, put this
<$BlogMetaData$>
That should do it. Let me know that you've done it (you can email me), and we will go from there.
-
Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! .