My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

A girl who enjoys looking at the world through the lens of a camera.



Previous Posts Friends

Photography

eXTReMe Tracker

Sunday, November 13, 2005

But I want it and I need it


I took this picture on August 25, 2005.

It's official. My roommates are addicted to Nintendo. Actually we had a conversation about addictions. Most people when they hear about addictions they automatically think of drugs & alcohol. But there are lots of other things a person can be addicted to.

My one roommate is addicted to the drink Full Throttle, and working out when she actually does it. Our friend is addicted to video games especially sports related ones. My mother is addicted to Pepsi. I am starting to think I am addicted to Vanilla Coke. If I don't have the real stuff at my apartment I take the Coke that my roommates have and mix it with the vanilla in the cupboard.

Some addictions are just fun. They can be enjoyable and it is fun to tease about. But addiction can be a scary thing if it goes too far. We can get addicted to habits. Sometimes what we are doing is not necessarily bad, but if we become excessive we need to learn our limits and keep things in check and keep a balance in our lives.

posted by American Girl at 9:02 PM |

6 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Heidi:


I thought you might be interested in this http://changeme.gettyimages.com/main.aspx because that's kind of what you do with your blog anyways.


Commented by Blogger Unknown:


Does the homemade Vanilla Coke taste better or worse than the real stuff? I agree that we all need balance, especially when dealing with habits; We need just as many bad ones as we do good j/k :)


Commented by Blogger American Girl:


They can be much better because you can put in as much or as little vanilla you want. The one I made last night I used pure Mexican vanilla and it just wasn't quite the same.


Commented by Blogger David Cho:


Don't you have to be in denial to be addicted to something?


Commented by Blogger American Girl:


Not necessarily. You can be addicted to drugs and know it but still can't stop taking it. It is all about having a "need" for something. Hold on ... let me get the dictionary's opinion:

The condition of being habitually or compulsively occupied with or or involved in something.

And there you have it.


Commented by Blogger Jimmy:


Once uppon a time I was addicted to easy-cheese, but after an intervetion from my family at a New Year's Day party I've been so ashamed that I lost all heart for it . . . my family that is, I still have the addiction.


Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | template by mela
art by american girl | photographs by NYCLondon
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com