My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

A girl who enjoys looking at the world through the lens of a camera.



Previous Posts Friends

Photography

eXTReMe Tracker

Friday, October 28, 2005

Standing on the edge of everything I've never been before


This is a picture that was taken of me and my friend Dave at the end of my Freshman year of College. (If you can't tell this week has been a trip down memory lane in the picture department!)

I believe that I am the type of person who tries to see more than what is on the surface of an individual. This is especially true when it comes to members of the opposite sex. I once had a friend ask me what my "type" was. I looked at her a little confused and she then went on to explain that during the time that we had been friends she had noticed that none of the guys I had liked were the same type of guy. I thought a lot about this and then told her that I am attracted to personality and the potential that person has. But lately I ask myself, "Why am I attracted to some of the guys I am attracted to?" Have you ever asked yourself this question? (Guys, you can substitute for the word girls.)

There is a man that I work with that I find very attractive. He is extremely nice and makes me laugh. I am not saying there is anything going on there, because in all honesty there isn't. But I ask myself as to why I find him attractive. We are the same religion, but he hasn't practiced those beliefs for about five years. He came into my office yesterday to discuss some things and was carrying a copy of coffee. I am not a fan of coffee ... I especially hate the way it smells. And this got me to thinking again ... how can I find this individual attractive when I don't agree with some of the things he does ... things I find very unattractive?

At other times in my life I have found myself attracted to guys who are definitely good looking, but are total jerks. They have treated me with disrespect and caused me to feel bad about myself. Why did I allow that?

I guess I am just wondering why girls find themselves liking the "Bad Boys"? I mean I have liked the boys next door. All three of my what I call "Long Term Likes" have been the boys next door in many respect. But every girl has that point that she likes a guy with a little of rebellion in them.

posted by American Girl at 2:55 PM |

2 Comments:

Commented by Blogger Kate:


I think JRA said it best.

"I need a guy with a little streak of hell up his spine."

I think for some of us, that little bit of rebellion is what would keep life interesting, and also keep whomever we date from being eaten alive by our families.

Anyhow, I've got my own little streak in that department, and the boy next-door types tend to run away from me. ;)


Commented by Blogger B:


Yeah that is one my two favorite sayings when it comes to men. The other one is...

boys are stupid...throw rocks at them!!

There are so many reasons why I need someone with a little bit of hell in them, the biggest...I need someone who can keep up with me! :)


Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | template by mela
art by american girl | photographs by NYCLondon
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com