I love Christmas! The whole month of December is my favorite time of the year.
These are two pictures taken during the Christmas season when I was little. Christmas then consisted of spending the day at Grandma & Grandpa's house in upstate New York. My mom and I would either fly or drive from where ever the military had sent us that year. Christmas Eve night we would open a few extra presents that my grandparents had gotten me because they would always spoil me since they didn't get to see me as often as my cousins. Mom would always make me open gifts like socks or underwear. Never any fun! But Christmas morning would always begin early and would include frantically searching through the pile or presents to find whatever Santa Claus had brought me. One year it was a Barbie, another a Cabbage Patch kid, one year a new keyboard, one year a jean jacket. But no matter what the present was under the tree, I would always find joy in spending that time with my family that I rarely got to see.
The above pictures are from last Christmas.
Now Christmas finds me in various places but the one thing that stays the same is that I am always surrounded by people that I love. There is the annual Christmas dinner with the Cannon kids. We exchange gifts and eat yummy food. There is the Peter Breinholt concert that I have been attending for the past few years with a close friend. There is Christmas Eve dinner with the Fox family and our annual Christmas Eve breakfast with the whole Cannon family. There are trips to Temple Square to see all of the beautiful lights with my friends. There is sledding at Sugarhouse Park followed by yummy cocoa. And the newest tradition of attending Christmas Adam which often leaves me feeling slightly surprised!
One more month and then the official season begins. I am not sure what this year's season will bring but the one thing that remains true ... I can't wait!
Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! .