My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

A girl who enjoys looking at the world through the lens of a camera.



Previous Posts Friends

Photography

eXTReMe Tracker

Thursday, June 30, 2005

If Dreams Are Like Movies, Then Memories Are Films About Ghosts



This picture was taken by an unknown photographer.

I need a phone call
Maybe I should buy a new car
I can always hear a freight train if I listen real hard
And I wish it was a small world
Because I'm lonely for the big towns
I'd like to hear a little guitar
I think it's time to put the top down

For some reason the past few days have been consumed with dreams and wishes of the past. Of things I have wanted to do but have always put off due to being responsible and logical. And the one that has consumed my thoughts the most is a road trip to southern Cali. A trip I was supposed to take about three summers ago, that never came to pass. A few days away from the stress of life and work and everything that makes up this existence. Some time with a friend or two spent doing spontaneous adventures. Putting my feet up and enjoying the fact that there is no where to be at a certain time, spending time visiting all the tourist places like Hollywood Boulevard and Santa Monica Beach, enjoying the salty air and the sand on my bare feet and the presence of those around me.

Once again I am being reminded that I should be more frugal since I am moving out on my own this week. Not so frivolous with my money, but this trip seems to be calling out to me.

posted by American Girl at 4:25 PM |

5 Comments:

Commented by Blogger C.J.:


I say go for it!


Commented by Blogger David Cho:


Thinking about visiting my neck of woods? Awesome! Don't forget to bring a bullet proof vest. J/K. It's not that bad.

Now there is no relationship between wanting to make that trip and dreaming about doing naked slip and slide, right? :) I think a lot of people do that around here. Yikes, I hope my neighbors aren't doing that. Shudder...


Commented by Blogger David Cho:


Is that a new picture of you? Very nice. It looks very different from the previous one, but then again, you were covering most of your face in that one.


Commented by Blogger American Girl:


Yeah ... I had this new photoshoot and thought I looked dead sexy and had to use it! ;oP


Commented by Blogger American Girl:


In all honesty - if you want to see a real pic of me, just email me at jadedlady@gmail.com


Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | template by mela
art by american girl | photographs by NYCLondon
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com