My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

A girl who enjoys looking at the world through the lens of a camera.



Previous Posts Friends

Photography

eXTReMe Tracker

Monday, April 11, 2005

Sanctity of Marriage


This picture was taken of Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles by Chris Young in England on April 9, 2005.

Be warned. I have very strong opinions towards the topic I am about to address.

I have had a hard time with all the publicity of the recent wedding of Prince Charles & Camilla Parker Bowles. Is it okay to not be concerned by the fact that this is a couple whose relationship started while both Charles & Camilla were still married to other people? Do we sit back and act like there is nothing wrong with adultery, especially in the royal family?

Do marriage vows not hold the same commitment as they once did? I looked up the numbers on the percentage of people who commit adultery and I found that approximately 19 million husbands and 12 million wives have had an affair. What is wrong with people?

Does it seem interesting that large percentages of television shows and movies show people having affairs? The hit series of this past fall is a show on the ABC called Desperate Housewives. This show deals with the lives of women in suburbia, and one of the main storylines deal with an affair between a woman and her much younger gardener. And that’s just one example!

Being a hopeless romantic I dream of being married to a man for the rest of eternity with a commitment that I will be faithful to him and that he will be faithful to me. I guess the question is to ask ourselves is, “Is this too much to ask?”

posted by American Girl at 2:33 PM |

3 Comments:

Commented by Blogger David Cho:


I thought the most bizarre part of the wedding was when they knelt down to "confess sins and ask for forgiveness" before God. It was implied they were asking for forgiveness for the sin of adultery.

Excuse me? If they are truly repentent, then why are still carrying out with the relationship which lasted through the years of Charles marriage to Diana? That is like asking for forgiveness from God while driving a stolen BMW. If the thief is truly repentent, then he should return the car to the owner in order to get things right with God.


Commented by Blogger American Girl:


I found that interesting too. I guess I shouldn't judge, but it just seems wrong.


Commented by Blogger OTE admin:


The plain fact is Diana and Andrew Parker Bowles ALSO cheated on their spouses during the marriages. They were HARDLY innocent victims.

As far as I'm concerned, if Princes William and Harry are okay with the marriage, who am I to judge?


Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | template by mela
art by american girl | photographs by NYCLondon
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com