
This is a picture that I took a few years ago of a mother and daughter that I know.
This weekend I read a quote that touched me, “A woman’s significant role is that of being an influence wherever she is. It is her role not only to give life, but to shape life.”
This quote really had me thinking. I am so grateful to be a woman. I think gender is such an important part of who each person is, and I know it is a very significant part of who I am.
Friday night for the first time, I watched the film My Fair Lady. In the film Henry Higgins asks the question why Eliza Doolittle can’t be more like a man? This made me laugh, because I am sure there are many times that men asks themselves a very similar question, “Why can’t women be more like men?” I am glad that we aren’t. Think how boring the world would be if we were all the same. Besides, women qualities that men will never have, they are nurturing and giving, can have children and be mothers, feel emotions differently, have a way of looking at things in a way that men never would, and have a special flair for keeping men on their toes! I look forward to the day when I can be a wife and a mother. I can help raise the children that I will be blessed with, and until that day I enjoy the times when I can enjoy others children, others friendships, and the world as a whole. I hope that I am shaping the world into a better place with the gifts and time that I am given.
Young or old, short or tall, thin or not quite so thin, being a woman is a great thing to be.
-
-
Wow, we both wrote about women today. What are the odds?
It is quite disheartening to see the concept of gender degenerate over the years.
Many women see staying home and raising children as "degrading" and somehow working in corporate America as "fulfilling," electing to leave their children with strangers and chase their "dreams."
Having worked in corporate America for over a decade before starting my own practice, I can say that I have not seen anything more degrading and humiliating than trying to survive in the jungle of corporate politics. In order to climb up the ladder, good performance is often not enough.
It takes prostituting yourself to those in power, and I don't mean sleeping yourway up the ladder while a lot of that has been done. I mean sacrificing moral and ethical values in order to tow the party line and look good to the decision makers.
I can go on and on about my years in corporate America. I will blog about it some day, but all I can say is I endured some of my most humiliating and degrading moments there.
-
-
-
Before people jump all over me for suggesting that women belong to the kitchen, let me say I am not suggesting that at all.
All I am saying is corporate America is just a horrible alternative and many women as well as men can attest to that.
-
-
-
The thing that bothers me the most is that many women don't realize the importance of staying home and being a mom. Do they really feel they can make more of a difference working in an office than they can by raising children to be better?
-
-
-
Exactly. Working to make someone else rich as opposed to raising children.
That goes for men as well. We should be taken to task for working too many hours ignoring their kids. It's not just women.
-
-
-
If you won't say it I will...the woman's place is in the kitchen and in the living room and in the bedroom, in the home!
I have climbed that corporate ladder and sit in a position that according to the world's eyes is a envyable status. However I would leave (no worries my bosses are aware of this fact) in a heart beat. I am working because I don't have a husband and children to care for and I am not putting that off by any means so that I can work, that would be ridiculous in my opinion.
Children need their moms in the home. They do in life as a whole when they have a mom in the home. Being a mother is the most rewarding career that a woman could ever hope to add to her resume. I will try not to bring out my soap box too much so I will stop now.
Just sayin'
-
-
-
Meant to say, AG. The two best pics to date are the ones you took. By a mile! You should post more of your own.
-
Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! .