My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

A girl who enjoys looking at the world through the lens of a camera.



Previous Posts Friends

Photography

eXTReMe Tracker

Thursday, March 31, 2005

The World Around Us

This picture was taken by Mike Blake in San Diego, California on March 28, 2005.

This picture is for my friend MDJ who absolutely adores U2! The group opened their new world tour, Vertigo this week. The group has sold over 2.2 million tickets and grossed around $185 million in advanced sales.

The thing that struck me the most about this picture was that Bono is holding up the sign for peace. Bono is a man to be highly respected. He has used his fame and celebrity to better the world around him. He does a lot of work with Greenpeace, Amnesty International, DATA, The Chernobyl Children’s Project, NetAid, and Free Burma.

I think that even though we might not have the money and the recognition that a man like Bono has, we can each make a difference in the world. We can try and make the world around us better by us being a part of it. We can share a smile to someone having a rough day, we can pick up a piece of trash we see sitting on the side of the road, we can make the bed of our roommate or sibling. Each little thing we do can make a huge difference.

posted by American Girl at 8:26 AM |

6 Comments:

Commented by Blogger David Cho:


I didn't know Bono was involved in all that.

As to making someone else's bed, I think I am gonna start out by making my own first :)


Commented by Blogger American Girl:


LOL! I totally understand that one. It just was funny that one of the local youth groups was doing a service scavenger hunt last night and stopped by our house and asked if they could make my bed. I was stunned! But it made me smile when I went to go to bed last night as my bed was all neat and tiddy, which is something I rarely do for myself.


Commented by Blogger American Girl:


Oh and I almost forgot:

Bono was nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize this year and in 1993 ... Plus here is an article that you might find interesting.


Commented by Blogger David Cho:


Thanks for the kind words on JRA's blog. It's been fun getting to know you and others as well. Galvanized Chaos left a comment on my very second posting back in September, which is how I got to be introduced to your blog. It seems like a bunch of people in your circle started blogs in the same time frame including you, JRA, GC, Holly, etc.

BTW, I still remember the photo you posted. Is that you or Kate Winslet? Or are you Kate Winslet? :)


Commented by Blogger American Girl:


I am not Kate Winslet ... I just like her a lot and have been told in the past that I look like her somewhat and so I use her as my "cover".

About all of us starting blogs at the same time, it is because we all became familiarized with blogger about the same time. A group of us are friends (Holly, JRA, Cellular, etc...) and spend time together at least weekly. It is a really great group.


Commented by Blogger MDJ:


Thanks for posting that ever-so ab-fab photo of my main man Bono! I feel loved...


Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | template by mela
art by american girl | photographs by NYCLondon
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com