My Photo
Name:
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States

A girl who enjoys looking at the world through the lens of a camera.



Previous Posts Friends

Photography

eXTReMe Tracker

Thursday, April 28, 2005

Relationships



This is a picture of Tom Cruise & Katie Holmes in Rome today. (I am not sure who the photographer is.)

This has been the talk of the day! I have heard it on the radio, it's been on every news site on the internet, some of my friends have written about it on their blogs. They have even started meshing their names together. Are they the next Bennifer? Or is it Tomtie? Some are debating about the 16 year age difference (or the 35 year one that proved that the guy on the radio can’t add!) and I guess my feelings on that are that age is irrelevant (within reason) the older you get. I have known couples that are up to 20 years apart in age and they have been happily married for about 10 years or more. I guess if you love someone and they love you back, then age doesn’t really matter.

What do you think?

posted by American Girl at 1:53 PM |

8 Comments:

Commented by Blogger B:


It they are old enough to be your parent, it is just a bit much for me. Age does matter to a certain extent, but not much. When you find someone and love is a mutual feeling, I say more power to the happy couple. As for me I typically stay within a 6 year span (older and younger). Anything outside that makes me a little nervous.


Commented by Blogger David Cho:


This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


Commented by Blogger David Cho:


So this means I am scratching off JRA as a possibility, but AG tops my list. JRA's loss :).

In all seriousness, even though the pool of available never been married women in my age bracket (late 30's) is quite small, I still perfer a 35 year old woman over a 25 year old hottie. Why? Because I love women and by virtue of the fact that the 35 year old woman has been a woman longer than her 25 yr old counter part.


Commented by Blogger Kate:


Within reason, I don't think age matters at all unless you make it matter.


Commented by Blogger American Girl:


I agree with JRA to a point. I do think that there is a limit and if they are old enough to be your parent (about 20-25 years your senior) then it might be a bit odd or if there is a couple like Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher. She has kids that are less than 10 years younger than he is ... odd! And in all honesty I know they are closer in age than Tom & Katie, but it seems more unacceptable. I do think that the two people in the relationship makes a difference too.


Commented by Blogger Heidi:


Personally I thought the whole Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes thing is crazy! She still seems like a teenager and he's old, old, old! Age can matter or it doesn't have to. A lot of it depends on each person's life experience. If you can't relate and it's just about the attraction that's definitely a problem.


Commented by Blogger B:


Oh sad....I hate being scratched off the possibility list!


Commented by Blogger David Cho:


Wait, JRA. YOU scratched yourself off the list by annoucing the age restriction :).


Go Ahead, Share Your Thoughts! Post a Comment.

TAKE ME BACK TO THE MAIN PAGE...

powered by blogger | template by mela
art by american girl | photographs by NYCLondon
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com